BROADSWORD MINIATURES

Sunday 23 October 2022

STRADIOTS

 Yeah, real life completely manic at the moment, and I'm not posting everything I get finished, but here's a picture of some Stradiots for my retro Italian Wars project.... also usable with Oldhammer Tileans. Inspired by pictures in 1980s issues of Miniature Wargames.

Figures by QT, Venexia and Hinchliffe.

Apologies to blogging friends as I'm not commenting on your blogs as often as I would like. A combination of time constraints and general ennui with a dose of black dog sees me wasting valuable hobby time doing nothing. 

13 comments:

  1. Nice figures, sadly that period of Italian Rennaissance history I am totally ignorant about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an absolutely fascinating and colourful period Tony.... and would suit your glossy style well. Go retro with 25mm Minifigs, Lamming or Irregular. Helion do a good range of books, or kick off with Osprey Campaign Fornovo.

      Delete
  2. Superb work. I also almost missed the excellent fantasy figs in your previous post. I must get an order sorted - they look superb and very crisp castings. Are you the new GW ;) ...but like cheaper, obviously LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Broadsword Miniatures are real metal...none of this nasty GW plastic or failcast resin 😄

      Delete
    2. HAHA - Broadsword Miniatures needs a memorable catchphrase, like 'Death to False Metal' ...wait, that might have been used before ;(

      Delete
  3. Those colourful shields will certainly make the unit stand out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if that's a good thing or not as they sneak round my opponent's flank. Mainly conjectural designs based on Balkan shields of the time.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. To be sure. Often shown to be made of wickerwork, but I have chosen to show them as coloured felt.

      Delete
  5. Those are lovely - and admirably shiny ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gloss is boss👌 those Italian Wars scenes in MW have stayed with me for decades..super painting by Gilder , Tony Runkee and John Blanche among others I remember.

      Delete
  6. A colourful bunch. Very nice indeed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a dazzling period.... And toy soldiers should be colourful in my book.

      Delete