BROADSWORD MINIATURES

Friday 24 January 2020

CHEERIO TERRY.... AND THANKS.

I had to post briefly about the sad death of my favourite Python, Terry Jones


Hilarious chap and brilliant medieval historian and of course screenwriter of Labyrinth. Obviously there are the well known Monty Python sketches which spring to mind, but for me the scene that captured his humour and medieval interest was from his TV series Crusades, in which he attempts to interview the descendant of a goose which led one of the pilgrimages to the Holy Land. RIP Mr. Jones.  

6 comments:

  1. Nice random witter Sir Springinsfeld. Sad loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it is to us that remain. Tragically it may have been a blessed release to Mr. Jones himself, although I'm sure he would have made an amusing statement about it.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for posting sir. A tragic loss indeed.
    RIP Terry. One of the funniest men ever.
    ' eee's not the messiah, eeee's a very naughty boy! '

    ReplyDelete
  3. His shrill female impersonations were priceless.... I don't tend to exist in this century, so are there any comedians about at the moment as funny?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed, a funny man who will be missed. His 'interesting' take on Wind in the Willows is still one of my favourites. Nobody else could play Toad like him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not come across that, but his voice and gentle lisp are ideal for Toad. I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete