BROADSWORD MINIATURES

Monday 21 January 2013

MONSTER MANUAL MONDAY 3

Just getting used to the new camera, and I have managed to find a black cloth to use as the background to my old floorplans. Today's offering is the Minotaur. I have had this figure since the very early 1980's, and he is a Perry sculpt from the Fiend Factory range, again from Forever People in Bristol. He differs a lot from modern minotaurs as he resembles a large man with a bulls head rather than a walking bull with attitude. I do possess a Grenadier minotaur who is more animal like with hooves which I will paint up soon. I stripped this figure down from my original paint job of gloss pink skin, humbrol silver fox axe and a purple tunic...


I tend to paint the flesh on fantasy figures in a very defined way, as indeed I do all the shading. I'm not entirely happy with the result on this chap.... but at least it's distinctive.

2 comments:

  1. Great way to start the week! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a fantastic model - I wish more minotaur minis were of the bull's head/human body variety

    ReplyDelete