BROADSWORD MINIATURES

Thursday 7 April 2022

LOST IN LIMBO

There will be some painted figures appearing soon I hope. Progress (albeit very slow) is being made on restoring some of Joe Dever's units to full strength. In the meantime let me show you this wonderful piece of art I acquired recently, just back from the framers.

An original preliminary sketch in charcoal by Rodney Matthews of Elric, for his painting Elric Lost in Limbo. 



I've been a devotee of Rodney Matthews' work since my early teenage years, collecting his calendars in my youth and then cutting them up to stick all over my bedroom wall, so I was thrilled to obtain an original sketch by him. It will be hung on the stairs which lead up the the attic/mancave/growlery.











6 comments:

  1. A wonderful item, my congratulations.
    Elric with dragons took pride of place in my teenage bedroom. It was such a terrific poster.
    I cut the calendars up also. Great art and memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dragon poster is the iconic one.... absolutely brilliant.

      Delete
  2. I did exactly the same with the Calendars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are worth a bit now (complete) so I guess a lot of people snipped them up.

      Delete
  3. What a great piece to have - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was delighted to get it. Apparently John Cleese is a big fan too and owns several original paintings!

      Delete