BROADSWORD MINIATURES

Monday 26 August 2019

SKINTHAMMER CHALLENGE... Shot my blot

Frenetic work continues to get this army completed by the end of the month. Once the attic had cooled down last night I started on these 2 bolt shooters and finished building them this morning.
They are made of bits of dowel , balsa and foil  I had  knocking about on the bench. Coated with plastic putty they look a bit messy at the moment but will paint up to match the catapult in the last post. I splashed out on the bases which are pennies. Starting on the crew next. 

10 comments:

  1. Work in progress shots always look bad, it is what the finished item looks like that counts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another 2 pennies? Pushing the boat out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work on the war machines lately. Looking forward to seeing these finished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello sir, this army is coming along superbly, i cant believe how much value you have managed to squeeze from the budget!. I have left a message in the form of a reply over on my blog that you may be interested in (i will say no more so as to not sully these hallowed pages!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mercury will place on his winged tartan slippers, and trudge your way tomorrow with a mail. This project failed dismally to get finished in the time frame, but will be completed soon.

      Delete
  5. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hinchliffe-25mm-Lead-Metal-Fantasy-Large-Treeman-Ent-D-D/303307819227 They would look good with this !!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. That figure has been my most wanted for years, and I snapped 2 up a couple of weeks ago. I think they are new casts by Ian Hinds who must have found some of the old Hinchliffe fantasy moulds. I think this treeman is based on an Alan Lee painting in the book Fairies he did with Brian Froud.

      Delete