BROADSWORD MINIATURES

Friday 9 June 2023

THE BARON DE BELLEME

 I've been rising at sparrows to try and get painting done first thing, and I've managed to knock out a few figures for my Robin of Sherwood project.

The Baron de Belleme is the devil worshipping antagonist in the first series of Robin of Sherwood, and he is attended by a couple of slinky witches ( one of the perks of the job).


The Baron de Belleme by Conquest Games.

Witch one, who comes to a sticky end in a later episode.

Witch 2, Lilith (original eh?), who later enchants Robin and resurrects the dead baron.

a bewitched Little John as servant of the Baron

a random villager, very old Citadel model, much smaller than modern figures, he'll do as a teenager.

A pig rustler... possibly 1st Corps figures, but I cant remember.

A Foundry peasant.


An abject groveller, no doubt a victim of Gisburne or the sherriff (Midlam Minaitures?)

I'll add flock to them all when I have a big enough batch to make it worth while getting the flock pots out.

I'm enjoying painting random figures, doing the skintones first in batches of 4, and then each moidel individually. I can get a couple a day finished.

The mill and river project is progressing, but I'm tring to get hold of flock dfrom The Last Valley who don't answer their messages sadly.


The mill so far.






















12 comments:

  1. I loved that show, back in the day. I must see if it can be streamed or is reasonable on DVD. Great painting by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually changed my life, which sounds a bit dramatic, but there you go. Available on DVD at Amazon for £27 for all 3 series which is a bargain.

      Delete
  2. Great looking minis and a great topic. Was a also a fan of the TV series back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting figures , I do like the mill , I got some flock from eBay rather cheaply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to get the same sort Last Valley use, so it matches my terrain from them.

      Delete
  4. Very cool, looking forward to playing this. I must confess it's only been a couple of years since I watched the series and I don't remember the baron, I clearly wasn't paying attention!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's in the first 2 episodes, and then one a bit later. In the third series, the chief magical villain is Richard O'Brien.

      Delete
    2. I remember him, of course!

      Delete
  5. A very cool project. You are doing a great job with it. When I saw this post I was reminded of this show and I'm watching episode 1 on youtube right now. I haven't seen it since it ran on Showtime when I was a small boy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a building block of my childhood this series. Personal favourite is the Hounds of Lucifer which I spent my pocket money on the novel and read twice on a rainy family holiday in a caravan on Hayling Island.

    Someone was selling specific minis from the series at Colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah yes...Rula Lenska and the naughty nuns...a favourite if mine as well. As I said above in another comment, the series did actually change the course of my life, and is cited in Ronald Hutton's Triumph of the Moon as contributing to a massive pagan revival in the 80s.

    ReplyDelete