BROADSWORD MINIATURES

Monday 4 November 2019

TWO COOL CARDS

Yes gentle reader, your host enters his 51st year today with some trepidation and puzzlement to where the last 25 years went. My 2 youngest sons each made me a Fantasy related card, first some Wheelies by Arthur from The Citadel of Chaos ( we have just backed the Kickstarter to get figures of these).



Secondly by George is a picture of Brag from The Trigan Empire. We are all huge fans in our house and are delighted to hear that the stories are going to be reprinted next year. Phrases from the one book we have already are frequently bandied around.  Such as "silence his lying tongue", " throw him to the nobras" and " cease your idle chatter" ( my favourite).
I'll post pictures of my gift when I've made it.


12 comments:

  1. Why many happy returns of the day ! , I remember the Trigan Empire - sort of Romans with space ships if I remember rightly .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tony. Determined to get loads of projects finished or sold this decade. Yes, well put. I'm not a sci-fi fan usually, but Trigan Empire always floated my boat because it had ancient and medieval stuff in it as well.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday young fellow! Nice cards - home-made are the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel ten years younger already. Yes, homemade parsimony is the name of the game in our house.

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday sir, Love the cards, glad they went for the Wheelies over those flippin' Gangies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sirrah. The Ganges were pretty scary as I recall. There will be a figure of one as well as the Wheelies in the bundle we have ordered. I'm really looking forward to getting the figure of Zanbar Bone.

      Delete
  4. Very fine cards. And Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday sir! Looking forward to celebrating with you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belated happy birthday! I know the feeling off wondering where the time went as will be 53 in April!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's terrifying how quick it went. Still, it makes one focus on having a good time.

    ReplyDelete